Did you know?
- Home Insurance: 1 out of 19,000 homes in Canada gets burned.
- Auto Insurance: 1 out of 2,742 car claimed are over $3,500.
- Optional Life Insurance: 1 out of 90 people die before age 70
- Mental Illness: 1 out of 14 get Alzheimer’s due to over stress
- Critical Illness Insurance: 1 out of 2.4 people gets a critical illness
How adequate is your safety net?
Working with a professional to help you to make sense of your finances can be a wise move, but for this relationship to work effectively it is important that you understand what to expect from your financial advisor.
What can your financial advisor help you with?
- Defining your financial goals and creating a step by step plan or strategy to achieve them.
- Planning for the future, including for retirement, future education or housing needs.
- Choosing the mix of investments and assets that suit your goals, lifestyle, time horizon and appetite for risk.
- Building a solid estate for your family to inherit in the future.
- Choosing the most tax-efficient methods of saving and investing.
What should your financial advisor inform you of?
- The range of services that they offer and how much and by which method you will compensate them.
- Your mutual responsibilities and obligations towards each other.
- What the planning process will look like and the documents that they will provide you with.
What will your financial advisor need from you or need to ask you about?
- What your financial goals are.
- What your personal circumstances – such as your marital status, any dependents, your job, earnings and tax situation.
- Any investments or assets that you currently have – such as registered accounts, workplace pensions, property etc.
- Your appetite for risk and investment preferences.
- Information on your income and also your outgoings, including debts such as mortgages, loans or credit cards.
- Whether or not you have a will, and its contents.
- Your estate and inheritance planning situation.
If you’re looking to achieve your financial goals, talk to us. We can help.
Get in Touch
#105, 10126 – 120 Avenue
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 8H9
About Peace Agencies
Our mission is to assist individuals, families and organizations in building or maintaining their financial structure. This brick by brick method is a ground up approach starting at the foundation and is realized through careful, realistic financial planning advice. This mission is pursued within the context of a commitment to honesty, integrity and best interest principles of you.